SOPRANO - SHR Hair Removal
SOPRANO... virtually pain free laser hair removal in a FRACTION of the time traditional lasers take...
Soprano represents the gold standard of laser hair removal. The SOPRANO is virtually pain free and designed to remove unwanted hair FASTER, more comfortably, and for all skin and ethnic types. The Soprano can be performed on unwanted hair anywhere on the face and body.
The In Motion technique of the Soprano, reduces discomfort, irritation, the need for topical anesthetic cream pre-care, as well as completing the treatment in as little as 25% of the time it takes for traditional laser hair removal. This is a cutting edge technology allows for a greater surface area to be treated while keeping your skin cool and comfortable while doing so.
There is minimal down time associated with this procedure and the results are impressive. Most patients must anticipate at least 5 treatments to each area treated in order to achieve optimal hair loss results
Soprano Hair Removal
Videos require Adobe Flash Player
Download Flash Player Now.
PATIENT INFORMATION / INFORMED CONSENT
The Soprano XL diode laser system is intended for hair removal and permanent hair reduction. The Soprano system is intended for use on ALL skin types INCLUDING tan skin.
The Soprano’s goal in laser hair epilation is to heat the hair follicle to a temperature high enough to destroy it without damaging the surrounding tissue. By elevating the temperature of the hair follicle, damage to the germinative cells responsible for hair growth occurs. The damaged follicle is rendered useless and eliminated through a physiological process known as phagocytosis.
CONTRAINDICATIONS TO TREATMENT:
- Cancer, in particularly – skin cancer
- Pregnancy including IVF (in-vitro fertilization)
- Use of photosensitizing medications and herbs for which the 810nm light exposure is contraindicated
- Disease which may be stimulated by an 810nm wave length
- Prolonged exposure to the sun, artificial tanning during the 3-4 weeks prior to and after treatments.
- Active herpes skin infections - if you have a history of HSV-1 also known as a cold sore or fever blister, please inform the office immediately prior to any treatments so that appropriate prophylactic Rxs can be given.
- Skin infections – active
- History of Keloid scarring
- Insulin dependant Diabetes
- Fragile or dry skin
- Hormonal disorders ( that are stimulated under intense light)
- Use of anti-coagulant medications, i.e., blood thinners
- History of coagulopathies (blood clotting disorders – venous stasis, etc.)
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS OF TREATMENT:
- Damage to natural skin texture – a crust or blister formation – normal wound care applies so please contact the office ASAP should you encounter any such reaction.
- Change in pigmentation
- Scarring – A very small chance of scarring as well as hypertrophic keloid scarring – please inform the office of any history of such pre-existing conditions.
- Excessive Swelling – immediately after treatment, it is not uncommon to be red, swollen and a bit tender about the treatment sites. This will dissipate on its own usually within 2-12 hours, but may remain up to 7 days.
- Bruising may appear on the treated area which may last from a few hours to several days.
ADVERSE EFFECTS OF TREATMENT:
- Severe or prolonged erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) within 2-24 hours of treatment that could last for several weeks.
- Irritation, itching, a mild burning sensation or pain (similar to a sunburn) may occur.
- Blisters, epidermal erosions, or peri-lesional hyperpigmentation may develop and remain evident for several days to several weeks following treatment.
- Eye damage from reflected or prolonged unprotected exposure to laser light. You MUST wear the protective eye wear supplied during the treatment.
SOPRANO LASER HAIR REMOVAL
PRE-TREATMENT PATIENT CARE
- Disclose to your provider your recent sun tanning or UV exposure history.
- Shave the area to be treated ONLY – DO NOT wax, thread, pluck, or have electrolysis performed prior. The root of the hair follicle below the surface of the skin is necessary for treatment success.
- Do not wear make up, sunscreen, perfumes or lotions to your appointment.
- Avoid using any tretinoin (RETIN A) type products, micro-dermabrasion and dermal planning of the skin to be treated for 3 days PRIOR to treatment and 3 days after.
POST-TREATMENT PATIENT CARE
- Avoid aerobic exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid hot baths, saunas, Jacuzzis for 24 hours.
- If the skin is broken or has blister formation, apply an antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin – as long as you are not allergic to it. Contact the office for any broken skin or blister formation so that the areas can be treated appropriately.
- Cold packs, aloe vera or other cooling preparations may be used to ease any temporary discomfort from treatment.
- Sun exposure should be avoided 3 weeks before and after all treatments to insure the best results about the sun exposed skin areas. Although we are able to treat tan skin, the setting is much lower and may require additional treatment time.
- A TOTAL BLOCK should be used when UV exposed, not a sunscreen. A total block contains zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.
- Make up may be applied immediately after your treatment as long as no blister formation has developed or broken skin is visible.
- Do NOT hesitate to contact our office for any questions or concerns regarding your treatment. We want you to receive the best treatment possible and we can only do so with your cooperation and contact. If you notice anything that seems out of the norm, contact the office.
- Schedule your sessions approximately 1 month apart for best results.